2020 CDG Award Categories
Love Your Planet
Many cannabis companies are doing their best to reduce their carbon footprint, increase energy efficiency, and protect our water, air and soil systems. We acknowledge that going green isn’t always easy, made difficult by policy, sometimes cost prohibitive, and requires cooperation from the entire supply chain. We recognize those companies truly innovating in their business practices and going the extra mile to champion sustainability.
We acknowledge cannabis prohibition was largely the foundation of the War on Drugs, designed to vilify people of color and the poor. We believe our industry has the opportunity (and the mandate) to support reparative efforts, seek justice, and challenge systems that uphold inequity. We recognize those companies increasing diversity in the sector and making significant impacts towards creating a more just and equitable society.
2020 CDG Nomination Overview
• Submissions Open: August 15th, 2020
• Submissions Close: October 31st, 2020
• Judging will take place November, 2020
• Winners will be announced in December. Date and details TBD.
• No entry fee
• National and international candidates may apply.
• Applicants may apply for multiple categories.
2020 CDG Awards Nomination Forms
2020 CDG Awards FAQ
- Products/Brands (edibles, sublinguals, vape, etc.)
- Public Relations
- Other Ancillary not specifically identified
All applications must be submitted by October 31st, 2020.
- This award aims to recognize those companies making an outstanding contribution in community engagement and outreach.
- This award recognizes those companies making meaningful efforts to champion or include racial justice and equity initiatives, either within the industry, within business operations (recruitment, hiring, training and/or outreach), or with an outside of the industry racial justice effort.
- This award aims to recognize those companies measurably implementing sustainability practices within their business operations or facility.
Cannabis Doing Good aims to showcase companies doing good, build a network of purpose-driven companies and to inspire new ways of people, planet and business engagement. We encourage companies that are purpose-driven, innovating within social good, justice or sustainability platforms or are actively launching social responsibility programs to apply.
Yes. Companies can submit applications for any or all award categories. Each submission must have its own application form.
The award application is available on CDG’s website website.
Companies are required to be up-to-date on their previous year’s reporting, which will be verified by CDG. Companies are encouraged to submit any supporting documentation, including, but not limited to, reports, internal and/or external communications materials, press release or media and any other validations from external sources.
Should you be a finalist for the award, relevant documentation may be needed to compliment your application. CDG will reach if necessary.
In some cases, the nomination form will either include or prompt you to include any relevant data or metrics. We understand you may not have this information – but we will need some form of documentation supporting your claims if applicable.
2019 CDG Award Winners
The 2019 Cannabis Doing Good Awards were an absolute success! We raised 10k for Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains while awarding three amazing companies who are doing good in the industry.